April 19, 2010

Cloud Cult


Album: Feel Good Ghosts
Artist: Cloud Cult
I've been getting into this band a lot the past few weeks, especially this album. If you're in the mood for feel-good, pure indie-pop, this band can and will make your day. It's not that simple though. Don't let the "indie-pop" genre of this band fool you on the surface. With beautiful orchestrations and hauntingly poetic lyrics, this band will make you dig to the bottom of your soul and search for larger than life answers, and make you smile as you do it. For fans of Freelance Whales, Shark Speed, and The Format. Check 'em out here:  Cloud Cult

2 comments:

  1. "...and I'm feeling mighty lucky today..."
    <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got really into Cloud Cult about a year ago and bought Advice from the Happy Hippopotamus and The Meaning of 8, but really only ended up liking "Chemicals Collide". I still feel like there's a lot of unreached potential in Cloud Cult. But I'm yet to listen to this new one. Considering your review, maybe I'll pick it up.

    ReplyDelete