August 23, 2010

Tera Melos



Album: Complex Full of Phantoms
Artist: Tera Melos
When I first started this blog, I had the mindset of only posting new and influential mainstream indie/folk/pop /whatever-the-hell-else-indie-kids-listen-to bands that only appealed to the masses of hipsters which I have recently become annoyed with. That is why i'm not going to care what I post anymore, granted, it is good music that has impacted the aesthetics of music in my life. Sounds selfish, but that's why this blog is here: to share my love of music with everyone, regardless of genre. So, with that being said: Tera Melos. I absolutely adore this band and its radical, mind-pounding, meticulously written math rock. The fanatic rhythmic changes, the melodic two-finger tapping sequences, and the random samples and discords just make me giddy all over. I'm weird like that. Check this album out, it's split with another good, instrumental math rock band- By the End of Tonight. Here's my favorite song: When Worms Learn to Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment