July 9, 2010

As Cities Burn



Album: Come Now, Sleep
Artist: As Cities Burn
Don't let the name of this band automatically draw you away from listening to this album. Compared to their first album, these guys have come a LONG way. They chilled out a lot, delivering a more powerful post-rock sound with some of the best lyrics I have ever heard in my entire life. The second of their 3rd album, I chose this one because of the impact it had on me in my life at the time. As one who contemplates & is enthralled with religion, I have come to greatly appreciate and understand the lyrics conveyed in this album, which has made me love this band even more. Even if progressive rock aint your cup 'o tea, follow along with the lyrics, and I promise you will at least appreciate what this band has to offer lyrically. I would recommend listening to this album all the way through, but this song in particular made the album for me: Wrong Body

No comments:

Post a Comment